nontraditional domain extensions, '.in' for example

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by mthq22, Apr 15, 2011.

1. i'm in the process of moving some (perhaps all) of my domains to Winhost.
    I've already successfully moved one domain with a '.info' extension.

I have renamed my DNS for a new domain 'WeFound.In' with the Winhost DNS's. While I am waiting for them to take effect, i noticed an entry in the forum or FAQ that Winhost only supports the 'common' extensions (ie, .com, .info etc).

does that mean that Winhost can only register those domain extensions (ie, when registerning a new domain with Winhost, the extensions are limited) or that in fact, I can't host my new domain on Winhost?

i thought i'd burn some time while i was waiting for the change to trickle down, and the sure way to make my problem go away was to ask a probably dumb question. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

What we meant by that is that we cannot register international domain names on the behalf to customers. But for domain names with TLD's that end with .com, .net, and .biz etc. we can register it on their behalf if it is open to the public.

This does not mean international domain names cannot point to us. Simply contact your own local registrar within your country, register the domain name, and have the name servers point to us.

ns1.Winhost.com
    ns2.Winhost.com
    ns3.Winhost.com

3. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

If you need a new domain, Winhost can register the .com, .net, .org, .info and .biz domains.

However, if you are using a domain that you registered elsewhere, we can host those domains - we can host international domains.