Move SSL

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Filjan, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I have a eCommerce site that has a SSL already. It is possible to move my site to your hosting and move my SSL? I have no idea how to move a SSL.

2. Ray

Ray

Yes. You can try migrating your existing SSL Certificate from your current hosting provider to our server. Contact your old hosting provider and ask them to export the private and public key. Give us the exported file so we can import it to our server. If their are any passwords associated with the certiifcates you will need to tell us what they are. Furthermore, you will need to order our Max Plan so that your Winhost account will have the ability to carry a SSL certificate.
    One thing worth mentioning, because of different server versions we cannot guarantee that the SSL from the old hosting provider will be compatible with our server. We will try to install it, but it is not compatible, then you will need to purchase a new SSL certificate from a SSL provider.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. This Knowledge Base article is about moving an SSL certificate away from us, but the advice about having the SSL certificate provider "re-key" the cert still applies.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  4. For the record, though Ray's response indicates that we will "try" to import existing certificates, that is not a service that we can provide. We no longer attempt to import certificates that were not purchased though us.

5. CalvinW

CalvinW Winhost Staff

We now accept outside certificates. If you have an existing certificate you want to import, contact our Support team and we will try to install it for you.

Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.