I got error security exception for the hosted website

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by buleguy, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: App_Web_lslcoicg.0.cs Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request failed.]
    showResult.loadControlArray() +29
    showResult.Dropdownlist_sizePerPage_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) +386
    System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e) +111
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.RaisePostDataChangedEvent() +134
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.RaisePostDataChangedEvent() +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents() +165
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
    ASP.showresult_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in App_Web_lslcoicg.0.cs:0
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75
    ======================================

In one of my code, I has a call to load a web user control. It means I was trying to load a file within my application into another file. That's the problem comes from. So I need to know how Winhost config the trust level in system's web.config, or can you give me some suggestion? Really appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. We run a customized level of trust, but it is overridable, so you can set your application to run on Full.