Hosting DNN and ASP.NET Sites together

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by Bobter, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Hi,

Is there a way to host a DNN and ASP.NET Site together, if so what should the folder structure be and what about the default docs, app starting points and seperate web configs?

Thks!

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Sure, the best way is to put the separate apps in different subfolders, then use the Application Starting Point tool in the control panel to set those subfolders as app starting points.

3. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

I recommend you install DNN on a sub folder (eg. /dnn). You do not want to put other asp.net application under a DNN installation because of web.config inheritance.

4. Problem

Hi,

Yes i encountered the inheritance problem.

I have my app and dnn installs in two seperate subfolders, however some of the text on the dnn site does not appear when it has been installed in a subfolder!

Even the login and register links are missing, i've tried a top level install and everything is fine, i even tried two different versions of dnn but they have the same problem.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

5. Problem

I got this problem fixed and I've no idea how! Only thing I tried differently was a custom install instead of typical.

6. Ray

Ray

Its great to hear you resolved the issue. But unfortunately we too will not know what the root cause of the problem unless we can replicate it ourselves or have some kind of error message to work off on.