Help Installing NopCommerce

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by Siper, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Hi,

I am having trouble installing NopCommerce.
    I created a folder and make it app folder, and then uplouded the nopcommerce.
    When I call the install I get the message below
    can someone here help me solving this?

Thanks

Siper

Server Error in '/sipers' Application.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: machine.config Line: 160

2. Ray

Ray

You need to check your code. Typically it is in the web.config file. Your application is looking for a connection string name 'LocalSQLServer'. By default on Windows server, it is set to look for a SQL Express database and since you we don't support SQL Express you will typically get an error...

"provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified"

Then when programmer removes the connection string name 'LocalSQLServer' they also forget to update the calls the application performs which is sometimes 'LocalSQLServer'.

3. I fixed the code for the SQL as Ray (thank you!) suggested, but now I am getting the following error:

-------------------------------------
    Languages could not be loaded
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.NopException: Languages could not be loaded

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NopException: Languages could not be loaded]
    NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.NopContext.get_WorkingLanguage() in NopContext.cs:370
    NopSolutions.NopCommerce.HttpModules.MembershipHttpModule.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in MembershipHttpModule.cs:156
    System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

----------------------------------
    Can someone help me?

Thanks

4. Ray

Ray

What language package your web application is looking for? Is this something you can upload to your Bin folder and have your application reference it?

5. English, the default language.

6. Ray

Ray

Are you sure everything is uploaded to our server. I myself are not familiar with this product but base off the error its obvious that it is trying to find a package that I am assuming is named 'Languages'.