Error creating Full Text index for table

Discussion in 'Databases' started by drewnoakes, May 25, 2011.

1. I'm using SQL Server Management Studio (2008) to connect to my Winhost DB. When trying to create a full text index via the wizard (by right-clicking on the table and selecting the appropriate option) I get the following error during the 'Define Population Schedules' option.

I was eventually able to create such an index by editing the index directly rather that going through this wizard, but I don't know whether I now have the same configuration on your servers as I do on my dev box.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Hi Ray,

Yes I was connected to the correct database. If you use the wizard in the way I describe (the most obvious way to create such an index) then it fails. However if you do it in the way described in the KB article you linked to (non-wizard), it works. Must be that the wizard assumes access to system tables and irrecoverably fails when it can't get what it wants.

No idea why. Just thought you'd like to know. I'm sure most folks who want to set up full text indexing and don't do it via SQL would hit this problem.

All the best,

Drew.

4. Thanks for the follow-up Drew.