email indicates mail sent but never received

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Dennis Spanogle, Jun 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I have a new site on WinHost - lets say the new site is abc.info for this discussion. I then configured a NEW email using the Smarter?Mail (in addition to the postmaster email). I also set up an account and configured the same email in Windows Live Mail using all the suggested ports, Etc.
    The NEW email is [email protected] (fake, just for this discussion)
    Sending email to the new email account from several other email accounts works fine (I receive the emails in the [email protected] account in SmarterMail and in Windows Live Mail.
    However, when I send an email FROM the NEW email account using Windows Live Mail OR using SmarterMail, the emails indicate they are sent - and are shown in the sent mail folder.
    They are NEVER received
    by any other email account (my personal gmail account, or 3 other accounts I have with other ISPs and with WinHost. ) All the other Winhost emails account work as expected. Several hours later and I have not received the sent emails using any mail app or Gmail or website email app.

Here is is how I set up my Windows Live Mail account (same for outlook or other pop/smpt accounts:
    name: myname
    email address: [email protected]
    incoming mail server: (POP3): mail.abc.info (this is how WinHost says to do it )
    Outgoing mail server: (SMTP): mail.abc.info
    Email username: [email protected]
    Password: mysecret#2
    Remember password is checked
    Outgoing Mail server - My server requires authentication is checked same as incoming
    Outgoing mail (SMTP) port is 587 ( I tried 25 and 26)
    Sever requires SSL is NOT checked
    Incoming mail (POP3) port 110
    Server requires SSL is NOT checked

So Why is Winhost NOT sending my emails OR
    Why do GMAIL or Windows live Mail or other mail apps NOT ever receiving the emails sent from [email protected]? They seem to be lost in the MTA

Seems to me I did not have to use SmarterMail at WinHost before to set up my emails (several years since I set up a new site) but I did because some language in WinHost says I have to do so??? Do I have to set up some SMTP accounts in SmaterMail also? Why?

Oh, the abc.info domain is parked at GoDaddy and I set the DNS nameservers to be
    NS1.winhost.com
    NS2.winhost.com
    NS3.winhost.com

Also the website I have on abc.info works fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dennis

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Hi Dennis,

The email accounts need to exist in SmarterMail in order for you to send because we require SMTP authentication. Everything looks correct, but if you're still having problems sending, then please open up a support ticket. We do have an outbound mail filtering device, so the messages may have been caught if it thought it had a virus or was spam.

3. Thanks for the reply. Indeed the outgoing were trapped in an outgoing filter. WinHost cleared it up after I entered a ticket.

Are there outgoing filters in two places (WinHost and SmarterMail) ? or just at/for WinHost?

Thing is I never knew there were outgoing filters. I checked FAQ and other locations in SmarterMail and at WinHost and never saw that. Perhaps if an FAQ is added like "Outgoing mail ??" and point out how to check the filters for trapped mail or how have them reset or changed would be great. I still do no know how I would know emails are not getting sent unless I send one to myself once in a while.

Dennis

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Hi Dennis,

The outgoing mail filters are not something you have access to. That's why you need to open up a support ticket.