DNS Transfer: changing to WinHost Mantainer

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by Gaetano, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm sorry form my bad American-english, but I'll try to be clear. I have this problem:
    my domain name (www.ilcateringdellacantina.it) is on NO-PROVIDER status. My old mantainer can't help me to transfer the domain name to Winhost (I should upgrade the name servers to
    ns1.Winhost.com
    ns2.Winhost.com
    ns3.Winhost.com

). I have to change the old mantainer with Winhost Mantainer and then I have to change the name servers from my control panel. My old mantainer is CDESIGN-MNT and I have to write the Winhost mantainer name, but I don't know what is it's "name-MNT". Can you help me, please?
    Thanks so much.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

It sounds like you are trying to perform a registrar transfer. I'm afraid we cannot perform registrar transfers. To make your domain name point to our web server you will need to simply call your current registrar (or a this case I think you refer it as a maintainer) and have them update the "Name Servers" to...

ns1.Winhost.com
    ns2.Winhost.com
    ns3.Winhost.com

3. "Maintainer" is not part of DNS or whois in English, so I'm going to take a guess that you mean registrar - the company you registered the domain through.

$ whois ilcateringdellacantina.it -h whois.nic.it

Domain: ilcateringdellacantina.it

Registrar
    Organization: Computer Design s.r.l.
    Name: CDESIGN-MNT

Nameservers
    ns1.cdesign.it
    ns2.cdesign.it

We are not a registrar, so you cannot transfer your domain registration to us. If you want to move your domain away from Computer Design s.r.l., you'll have to find another .it domain registrar and transfer the domain to them.

You could keep the domain with Computer Design s.r.l. and just update the name servers. That would work too.

We have no equivalent to "NO-PROVIDER" status, so I'm not sure what to tell you about that.

4. thank you so much for answering.
    So, you mean that if I wanted to point my domain name to Winhost name server i have to find out a new Registrar company and then ask for changing the name server? I thought of Winhost as Registrar because when I first bought WinHist hosting plan there was the possibility to register a new domain name.

5. Ray

Ray

We really are not a certified registrar only a reseller. But if you did purchase a domain name through us where the domain name was open to the public at the time of registration, the invoice will encompass web hosting and domain name registration.

6. so, my I have to buy another hosting plan from Registrar Company and then ask the new Registrar to change the name server to point to Winhost?

7. Ray

Ray

Yes.

8. Thanks so much for the help :)