DNN not talking to database

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by cjrada, May 3, 2010.

1. Hi,

I have been on the DotNetNuke website trying to debug this for almost a month now, and have exhausted all possibilities.

I have uploaded my DotNetNuke application to the root directory of my site (which is where I want it to be). And it seems that the site is not talking to the database (as it is appearing with the install wizard as opposed to my home page).

I have set the trust level to Full, I have added the correct portal alias to the database (to access radasoftware.com). I have entered the correct connection string as per http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a654/how-to-install-dotnetnuke-5x-on-Winhost-servers.aspx

I have uploaded and restored from the database backup etc. I have exhausted my options, and according to DNN experts, the problem is still that the application cannot see the database.

I have tried contacting support, but somehow they don't even see the same thing I see when I try to connect, and instead they pointed me here.

Can somebody from Winhost who has access, please check what is going on, because I don't have access, the task is impossible for me.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Do you have a URL where we can see the error message?