Crystal report

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by dennis, Nov 9, 2009.

1. I added a crystal report to my system. When I try to open the web site I get the following error from the web.config file:

Line 36: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any help would be appreciated.

thx

2. Ray

Ray

Unfortunately the crystal reports component is neither installed or supported on our hosting environment.

3. crystal reports

That may be a show stopper. It was the one question I forgot to ask when we signed up.

Are there any other reporting solutions supported?

4. Ray

Ray

5. Crystal reports

thanks,

I have looked at it in the past and will revisit it. It doesn't provide the rich functionality that Crystal Reports does.

Alternatively, will SQL Server Reporting Services work? It would mean converting from MS Access to MS SQL but, that isn't a big deal.

6. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

We do not offer sql reporting services.

7. Crystal Reports

It is a shame that Crystal is not available, I am glad I checked before singing.

8. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

We don't offer it due to licensing issues. We don't want to run our hosting company illegally and put our customers sites at risk from lawsuits.

9. yes, I can understand where a Public website might have lawsuit issues.
    But in my case, I'm developing a website for an association of contractors. This site will be used by the contractors in the Association to communicate with the Union that provides their labor.

I've purchased the Stand Alone version of Crystal Reports to be used by this private web site.

Are there still no options for me to be able to provide them with Crystal Reports?

For me, this may cause me to move elsewhere.

From what I gather here, I cannot use any tool in my website.

10. Ray

Ray

Crystal reports works a little differently when it comes to their licensing issue. Although you bought the license for your machine/development another licences will have to be purchased for the server. Then to keep things standardize we will have to purchase licenses for all our other servers that also host websites.

11. Hi Ray

I am also facing the same issue, our developer has developed an application that outputs via Crystal Reports that need to be viewed and printed.

My understanding is that CR viewer is available without license. Can this be installed on the server?

We would appreciate if you have alternatives for us to consider to overcome this issue.

Thanks

12. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

the license is available for personal use for free - as a hosting service it is illegal for us to offer it as a feature in our hosting service.

the alternative would be the asp.net reportviewer control.