Forum addition?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by randoma1, Jul 1, 2010.

1. A long time ago I was using X10 hosting and I recall that one of the coolest parts of their forums was their "website showcase" area. It was basically an area where one could tell people about their hosted site there and open discussion about things like ad exchange, linking, and also to get feedback on the site design.

I've been looking around here and I haven't found a comparable section yet (unless I'm even more blind than I thought).

2. Ray

Ray

Actually I was thinking of doing website of the month contest for Winhost customers, and have it posted on the forum. Not quite sure how that will work out. I'll try to let my managers know about, maybe with enough request and positive feed back from our forum members, we can make this happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. We can set up a new section for site promotion. I'll try to add it today.

4. Ray

Ray

It would be nice if we have something that can rate a site by our forum members. Something like give a site grade such as a 5 star for really good.

5. Thats a great idea, I'm all for it :D

6. Yeah, it would have to be something where people submit their own sites though, since we can't really provide a list of all sites or "nominate" someone who might not want the attention.

Okay, new forum is up; Show us your site! It was called, "Show us your stuff!" for a minute, but I thought that might be misinterpreted and we would get some pictures we don't necessarily want to see...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

7. Wow, I didn't check the forum for a few days and am quite pleased to see that the idea was accepted and there's already a new forum for it! I'll make sure to get my site posted there ASAP and am looking forward to seeing what websites the members here have come up with.

Thanks again to the mods who made this happen! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  8. You made it happen. ;) We aim to please.