Transferring my domain to WinHost

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by willisus, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Network Solutions is currently hosting my site, but I have sighned up for Winhost, and need to move my site here. How do I get Winhost to request this transfer?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

3. SQL Server name

I have setup an SQL database, and I need to configure the connectionstring in my web.config file. How can I determine the Server Name?

4. Ray

Ray

Log into your Winhost control panel. Navigate to the Site Info Manager page. Click on the button MS SQL 2008. This will take you to the Database Manager where you can see the SQL server name, the database name, and your database login.

5. Hi,

My domain is registered with 123-reg. I was previously hosting with serversanddomains.com. I've transfered the domain across to Winhost. I've updated the DNS entries on the domain registrar. My domain is simplicitysystems.co.uk. When I navigate to http://simplicitysystems.co.uk everything is fine. When I navigate to the http://www.simplicitysystems.co.uk I'm redirected to a plesk login screen for my previous hosting company. My account there has been suspended so I can't log in there. Why doesn't it take me to the my site like the url withouth 'www'? Why am I redirected elsewhere?

6. Ray

Ray

I checked the whois record for simplicitysystems.co.uk and it is not pointing to the Winhost DNS server.

Domain name:
    simplicitysystems.co.uk

Name servers:
    ns.123-reg.co.uk
    ns2.123-reg.co.uk

I suggest you contact your registrar and have them update the name servers to our DNS servers.

ns1.Winhost.com
    ns2.Winhost.com
    ns3.Winhost.com

Let us handle your DNS records for you.

7. Thanks

Hi Ray,

Thanks. I've just done that. I'll check to see if it has worked over the next few days.

Eric

8. Redirecting a domain to another domain

I have a domain over at 1and1 sandrlimo which I would like to redirect to safeandreliablelimos.com which is under Winhost. What would be the best/easiest way to do this?

Thanks in advance

9. Ray

Ray

The best and easiest way is to contact your registrar and make sure the domain name is setup so that its name server is pointing to our DNS servers.

ns1.Winhost.com
    ns2.Winhost.com
    ns3.Winhost.com

If this is an additional domain name pointing to your site, make sure you also enable the domain pointer inside your Winhost control panel.

10. So if I add change 1and1 to point to those name servers for the sandrlimo.com
    I can add a domain pointer as sandrlimo.com to make sure it redirects to the main domain?

Thanks in advance

11. Ray

Ray

Yes.