help error

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by ah4ck3r, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Im new to this and Winhost don't help can anyone out their im getting the following error when trying to vie my site.

the site i created works great on my pc when i run it. but not on the web.

Module IIS Web Core
    Notification Unknown
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x80070032
    Config Error The configuration section 'customErrors' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration
    Config File \\?\E:\web\wwwah4ck\web.config

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
    The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. So what is in the connection string?

3. do you need my webconfig file?

this is the error i get now
    Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

<add name="classifiedsConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\classifiedsdb.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

4. i was able to fix something and now i only have this error and here is the code thats wrong can you see anyhing i need to fix in this code?

<membership>
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="true" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

5. Ray

Ray

Is this the same error you are getting?

----------Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

If you are try adding this in your applications web.config file.

<remove name="LocalSqlServer" />

6. tried that still same error

7. this is what i got
    <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=tcp:s02.Winhost.com;Integrated Security=false;Initial Catalog=DB_4433_aspnetdb;User ID=DB_4433_aspnetdb_user;Password=******" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

8. Ray

Ray

Do you have a link I can pull up to see this error message?

9. Ray

Ray

Are you sure you inputted...

This shouldn't happen unless you have it set under the remarks tags.

10. Line 106: <add name="classifiedsConnection" connectionString="Data Source=tcp:s02.Winhost.com;Initial Catalog=DB_4433_classifieds;User ID=DB_4433_classifieds_user;Password=*******;Integrated Security=False"/>
    Line 107: <remove name="LocalSqlServer" />
    Line 108: <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=DBServerName;Integrated Security=false;Initial Catalog=DBName;User ID=DBLogin;Password=DBPassword" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

11. <membership>
    <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=tcp:s02.Winhost.com;Integrated Security=false;Initial Catalog=DB_4433_aspnetdb;User ID=DB_4433_aspnetdb_user;Password=******" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="true" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

12. Ray

Ray

I pulled up your account and I found inside your web.config files all the connection string name "LocalSQLServer" within the remarks quote. Make sure you are looking at the web.config file that is on our server under your root.

13. yes thats what im looking at

14. Ray

Ray

At this point I suggest you reupload your web.config file with the tag

Back to our server.

15. ive done that several times

16. ive messed with the webconfig file trying everything and still same issue