And Yet Another Unhappy Arvixe Customer

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Steve Johnson, Nov 28, 2015.

1. I see you have 24/7 customer support but I don't see an 800 number anywhere.

Does 24/7 support mean phone support or something else? Please clarify.

Thank you

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

We offer 24/7 email support.

3. OK, what is the email address then that I would use to get assistance?

4. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

The best thing to do is to open a ticket using the helpdesk at https://support.winhost.com - log in with your control panel credentials. This way we know what account you are referring to. And using the helpdesk will keep a history of your tickets and you can get the reply and respond via the helpdesk too (even if your email is down).

If you have to, then you can email support at winhost.com but include your account information or else there will be more back and forth and also if you just send in an email and there is some billing stuff or account credentials that need to be discussed/shared, then you'll need to go through an authentication process. (If you go through the helpdesk, then you already authenticated).

Elshadriel likes this.
  5. I have more questions.

1. Can I expect in most situations to receive an email response within several hours of submitting a help desk ticket?

2. For the premium support plan, how many winhost customers would be sharing the server where my website is hosted?

3. I have several domains that are currently registered with Arvixe. Would Winhost be able to tranfer these domains and if so, what is the charge?

4. Is there a feature for customers to create a scheduled task? I need to be able to setup a task that runs once every 5 minutes and sends out an email under certain conditions. Is that possible?

Is your WhoIs Privacy service free for the 1st year and $8.95 thereafter? Just making sure I read that right.

Where is the physical location of your web servers?

6. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Yes. Average response time is about 1 hour.
    There is no set number of customers per box. We measure the health of the server and we won't provision sites onto a server if it has reached certain thresholds. So the number of sites varies per server and depends on what the sites are doing and site activity.
    You mean transfer the domain management? You would pay for a year of domain fees - $12.95/yr and we'd add another year to the expire date. Check out this knowledge base article: https://support.winhost.com/kb/a955/transferring-domain-registration-to-winhost.aspx
    Yes, we offer a scheduled task tool with the Ultimate Plan. The shortest period is 15 minutes.
    Correct.
    Our servers are in California, USA.

ComputerMan, Michael and Elshadriel like this.