A question before purchasing - site traffic limitations

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, May 30, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, guys

My .NET MVC site is in development now. Potentially the site will get high traffic (one can hope!). So what will happen if I run out even out of your largest bandwidth, the Ultimate? Can hosting be upscaled?

What number of visitors does Ultimate usually handle?

If I start with Basic hosting, can it be seamlessly upgraded to Max and then Ultimate?

2. Yes, you can upgrade in Control Panel. There is no interruption in service related to plan changes.
    I'm afraid that we don't have an upgrade path from the Ultimate plan, nor do we offer ala carte bandwidth purchases. You would have to move the site.

I would say, however, that if a site exceeds the Ultimate plan bandwidth allowance of 500 GB a month, that site should be on a dedicated server. That is a significant amount of traffic.
    There's no comprehensive answer to that question, since every web site is different. You can create a site that millions of visitors can access and not even use a gigabyte of bandwidth in a month. You can also create a site that uses a gigabyte of bandwidth every hour. There's no way for us to estimate what your site may use.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Fair enough, thank you for your answer.

I will host with you guys once my site is done.