Umbraco CMS 5.0 installation problem

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by HeMac, Mar 6, 2012.

1. I just set a new web site on Winhost, and try to install Umbraco CMS 5.0 at root.
    Before installation, I viewed all posts in this forum about Umbraco installation, and followed Ben Powell's blog post on installin umbraco on Winhost (http://blog.benpowell.co.uk/2010/05/...tallation.html)

already Set <trust level="Full"/> and set asp.net framework version to 4.0.

view with secondary web URL: http://ottawach.w01.Winhost.com/, got following errors:

Can any body help? thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. After copy following .dlls to bin, installation starts:

Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure.dll
    System.Web.Helpers.dll
    System.Web.Mvc.dll
    System.Web.Razor.dll
    System.Web.WebPages.Deployment.dll
    System.Web.WebPages.dll
    System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll

3. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Ya that can happen sometimes. For others that might be having the same issue regarding the error above. You might find this link helpful here: Bin Deploying ASP.NET MVC 3

The link above shows you how to make sure when you are deploying your .dlls to the /bin directory of your site.

4. Can't log in with admin/password

Umbraco installation has several steps:

1. welcome;
    2. setup database;
    3, create user;
    4, install start kit;
    5. ...

My installation went over step 3(create admin user/password), installation procedure require login (created admin/password in step 3), I typed, but failed, say "invalid username or password".

First time I thought I could forget the password, then I deleted the database, and deleted some files in App_Data folder, and do installation from beginning.

the second time, at step 3, I carefully wrote down user name/password, and when procedure prompt login, I typed the username/password, failed again.

So I can't complete the installation.

did anyone encounter this login problem when installing Umbraca 5 CMS here, how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

5. I did fresh installation 4 times, some admin/password login error occured before Step 4.

What I Did:

1. download Umbraco_5.0_WebDeploy.zip and unzip it.

2. FTP all files(and folders) under the unzip folder "umbraco" to root of my account at Winhost.com

3. change web.config file, only change is set <trust level="Full"/>

4. create SQL Server 2008 R2 database;

5. copied MVC .dlls to /bin;

6. Open http://ottawach.w01.Winhost.com/Umbraco to start install;

Every time I can complete first 3 steps, but failed at admin/password login before Step 4.

Did I miss something? Can anyone give me some help?

6. Installation problems too.

Hi

I also have some problems. I have uploaded the files - but get this error when accessing the site:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Exception
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
    System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
    System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +31
    System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +46
    System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.VerifyCodeBaseDiscovery(String codeBase) +118
    System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetName(Boolean copiedName) +69
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetName() +12
    Umbraco.Framework.<>c__DisplayClass5.<GetAllAssemblies>b__1(Assembly a) +14
    System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +153
    Umbraco.Framework.TypeFinder.<GetAllAssemblies>b__0(AssemblyName assemblyName) +74
    System.Linq.<>c__DisplayClass12`3.<CombineSelectors>b__11(TSource x) +32
    System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +110
    System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() +87
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +327
    System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
    Umbraco.Framework.TypeFinder.GetAllAssemblies() +662
    Umbraco.Framework.TypeFinder.GetBinFolderAssemblies() +14
    Umbraco.Framework.TypeFinder.GetFilteredBinFolderAssemblies(IEnumerable`1 excludeFromResults) +83
    Umbraco.Cms.Web.DependencyManagement.UmbracoComponentRegistrar..ctor() +121
    Umbraco.Cms.Web.DependencyManagement.DemandBuilders.UmbracoContainerBuilder`1..ctor(TWebApp httpApp) +81
    Umbraco.Cms.Web.System.Boot.BootManager..ctor(HttpApplication app) +255
    Umbraco.Cms.Web.UmbracoWebApplication.CreateBootManager() +26
    Umbraco.Cms.Web.UmbracoWebApplication.Start() +247
    Umbraco.Cms.Web.UI.MvcApplication.Application_Start() +137

7. I solved this by changing to <trust level="Full"/> in web.config

8. Nice, glad you found the fix.

9. Just got a new problem with the installation. Is it somehow possible to see the permission for folders when hosting on a shared solution?

10. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

You can see some of the permissions using an FTP client or by checking the FTP Users section in the Control Panel, however, it's probably best to open up a support ticket to have one of our staff members check it for you.