Package inflexibility

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Can I just say I'm impressed with what your offering and the price. The only thing that's holding me back is the non ability to increase hosting disk space & SQL Server size.

I am currently developing a property website that could use a lot of images so this is a major concern. I was looking at recommending your hosting to potential clients if they don' have the facility to host themselves but will check back in future to see if this has changed any.

2. Ray

Ray

How much space are you looking at? We have a Max plan where it can give you 500 MB of SQL space. If you are looking at hosting a SQL server that is several gigs in size, you may want to consider checking on a dedicated server.

3. uhm, I also faced that problem,but this is SQL server so it is expected that it would cost much than few opensource competitors.
    the storage is quite big, I think. I'm using some space of my site and only use the MSSQL DB for other datas that have higher priorities.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

The problem is not the SQL Server size, this is currently at under 20Mb for 400+ properties, but a fair chunk of this is due to 3 static geo-location tables for UK addresses which won't change.

All I would really like to see is e.g. on your Max Host Plan, if I wanted to double disk space or bandwith etc just having the price per month double to $20, but the domain and web space setup to stay the same. This is a pretty simple I think. I realise that an an alternative could be to split up image hosting and website hosting over multiple domains, but this is fudging it a bit and not something I would want to build into the project...

I should also say that I wouldn't care even if I wasn't utilizing all bandwidth or hosting space etc. to the max (not my intention). However should it arise in the future where I do need more space, I can be confident it will be fine getting it.

Thanks for your reply.

5. Well, the packages weren't really meant to be flexible. The goal here is high quality simplicity.

We hear you: you would like à la carte disk space and bandwidth. Maybe in the future we will explore that. It is not a question of being able to do it - we certainly could. But that is not our goal. For now the plans are what they are.