Wordpress Post by Email Not Working (at another hosting company)

Discussion in 'Email' started by transfield, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I used Yahoo Mail to send an email to my secret WordPress posting email, and a post was created and published automatically. Hooray :)

However, when I used PHP to send an email to the same secret WordPress posting email, nothing happened - no posts created, none published....

Using PHP, I can succesfully send an email to my secret Blogspot posting email. Therefore, I don't think there is anything seriously wrong with my PHP code.

I suspect that there is something 'unfriendly / missing' in my message headers. My message headers are below. Are there any additional headers that I need to add to make my email Wordpress friendly?

PHP:
    <?php
    $headers  
    'MIME-Version: 1.0'                      "rn";
    $headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8' "rn";
    $headers .= 'From: [email protected]"rn";
    $headers .= 'Return-Path: [email protected]"rn";
    $headers .= 'Reply-to: [email protected]"rn";
    $headers .= 'Errors-To: [email protected]"rn";
    $headers .= 'X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - mywebhost.com' "rn";
    $headers .= 'X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - mywebhost.com' "rn";
    ?>
    My emails consists of text, pictures, videos & other stuff.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

2. May I know what your domain or user is? You can send it to me in a private message if you'd like, as I'd like to check some of the logs, as I believe this may be a problem with the MIME types in IIS7. I know it sounds a bit far-stretched, but it may be related with the way the application posts to the site.

3. Thanks for your reply Joe. I'm not sure how to send you a PM using this forum. Nevertheless, here's some additional info for you:-

My script that does not work(wordpress)
    PHP:
    <?php mail('[email protected]''test''hello'); ?>
    My script that works(blogspot)
    PHP:
    <?php mail('[email protected]''test''hello'); ?>
    I'm hosting my website on 2 different servers. Both are Linux hosting packages. Both are unable to send emails to Wordpress. Both are able to send emails to Blogspot.

The servers are
    NS1.MESRADNS.NET
    NS2.MESRADNS.NET

and

ns8.ipserverone.com
    ns9.ipserverone.com

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

4. You should ask the host(s) what the problem is. We can't really troubleshoot someone else's network...

5. Well I don't think there is a problem with my web hosts. I think Wordpress has got a very stringent criteria in accepting emails.

I'm experimenting with smtp authentication now. Hopefully, I'm on the right track...

6. The SMTP authentication trick using Phpmailer did not work too. :mad:

7. There's no way for us to know, and that's the problem.

What I'm suggesting is you may be asking for help in the wrong place.

8. I wrote to Wordpress regarding this inconvenience. Their reply are as follows:-
    How inconvenient :mad:

9. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Well that really stinks. At lest you know now why and I'm sure this answer will help other people out. Thanks for posting the reply and the reason why it wasn't working.