newbie's II7 connection question - urgent plz

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by AlecPPE, Apr 6, 2011.

1. http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a628/using-the-microsoft-iis-70-manager.aspx

I've followed the instruction in that KB and got it successfully connected, but all I see after the connection is established is a globe icon with the connection name and nothing inside.

Is there supposed to be a file structure mirrors all of my stuff I uploaded to my Winhost through FTP? i.e myrootdir -> bin, views, controllers, models subfolder etc?

How do I make all these folder showed up? Help, thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Keep in mind that IIS 7 should not be used as a file manager tool. Meaning you cannot upload or download web pages off it. It is used as a way to modify and custom configure your web service account on IIS 7. You should still be able to see your files and folders by clicking on "Content View" on the bottom of the IIS 7 Manager window. I'm not sure on what you mean by...

but all I see after the connection is established is a globe icon with the connection name and nothing inside.

..Do you have a screenshot you can show us?

3. I had my project up and running on localhost with all the files and folder visible for configurations in my IIS. I upgraded it to IIS 7 last night to check out the 'Connect to a Site' feature with Winhost, but I don't see anything when i expand the node (from the arrow to the left of the globe icon) Please see screenshots.

The orange node is the connection object with Winhost. Nothing's seen in Content View, is it something about Winhost setting or something wrong with my IIS?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Ray

Ray

New Feature Prompt? We do not offer that? Are you sure you are connecting to our server? What is the domain name you are connecting with? Why don't you do a Ping test on it and tell us what is the IP address it is resolving to.

5. Ray

Ray

What version of IIS 7 Manager are you using. Did you simply enable it on your computer or did you download it from Microsoft's website?