WCF Hosting

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am planning to develop a WCF Service with DualHttpBinding. Will Winhost support these kind of hosting?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Yes we should. If you run into any problems send us a full copy of the error message and the URL so we can see the error message.

3. WSDualHttpBinding

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply. I have hosted the WCF service in the below url

http://chennaigeek.com/HarnessService.svc

Its not working.

I am getting the below error message.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    The Binding with name WSDualHttpBinding failed validation because the Binding type System.ServiceModel.WSDualHttpBinding is not supported in partial trust. Consider using BasicHttpBinding or WSHttpBinding, or hosting your application in a full-trust environment.

Please let me know if you require any more details

4. WSDualHttpBinding

Hi all,

I am hosting a WCF service with WSDualHttpBinding. This is basically a Duplex service. this works fine in my localhost. But When i host this in Winhost i am getting the below error.

The Binding with name WSDualHttpBinding failed validation because the Binding type System.ServiceModel.WSDualHttpBinding is not supported in partial trust. Consider using BasicHttpBinding or WSHttpBinding, or hosting your application in a full-trust environment.

I understand i am having partial trust in .Net trust level. How do i overcome this?

5. Ray

Ray

6. Thanks I did that using IIS Remote Administration manager. It worked. But i get a timeout when accessing the method :confused:

7. Ray

Ray

Whats the full error message?

8. This is the error message i am getting

The request channel timed out attempting to send after 00:00:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

9. Ray

Ray

I take it you are trying to call a web service outside the server. Can you manually call the service yourself? Maybe their connection maybe down? You can always do what the error message suggests and increase the sendTimeout value in your code.

10. Will Winhost supports net.tcp?

11. Ray

Ray

No I'm afraid not.