Running Different Framework Versions in one application pool

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by zaaaaphod, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi,

I've got a Winhost Max account that is currently running two sites on Framework version 2.

I was hoping to set up a third site that was running Framework 4 (and, specifically MVC 3).

Does anyone know if this is possible? I'm guessing that with my current account I can only have one application pool. I remember something from a few years back where you couldn't mix framework versions in the one app pool. Does anyone know if this has changed? Or, does anyone know how to achieve what I'm after with Winhost Max?

Thanks very much in advance,

Z

2. I'm afraid in IIS7 the framework version is handled by the application pool so you cannot run different versions. We can't provide additional application pools, as it's one per plan, as it allows us to keep the hosting accounts balanced.

3. Thanks Vinnie, I thought that might be the case.
    Well - it looks like you just got another $50 out of me!! ;-)

4. Success!

Just kidding.

Actually, you can't apply two different frameworks to a single application pool, so it isn't a limitation that we impose, it's a technical limitation.

5. LOL.

In any case, you guys deserve it. It's about time someone offered decent ASP/SQL hosting without charging ridiculous rates. $50 to me is about the "right price".

You've saved me from PHP! ;-)

6. Thanks. We aim to please.