Error add assembly="Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc11

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by sbower1, Nov 20, 2010.

1. sbower1

sbower1 VZW

I just uploaded my changed files with VWD 2010 Copy Web Site Tool to my domain, and when I try to view the URL I receive this error:

<add assembly="Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc11Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=#####"/></assemblies></compilation>

The site runs fine on my local machine and has ran fine in the past when I load my domain in a browser.
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc11, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=Some Number' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.​
    Any ideal what the problem is because I don't have a clue?

2. Ray

Ray

I'm afraid we did not install or support OWC on our shared hosting environment.

3. sbower1

sbower1 VZW

I can under stand that you do not support MS Office Web Comp on your server, but what I can't understand is why up to a few days ago was I able to deploy my site changes with no problem and be able to navigate to the default page through the URL?

The OWC reference has been in the project since day one.

Has something change on your end in the past week?

Thanks

4. Ray

Ray

Did you make sure you uploaded all the required assemblies and components in your applications Bin folder?

5. No. Nothing on the web servers.

6. sbower1

sbower1 VZW

The only files I see in my Bin folder are Ajax related, and if I remember correctly these are the only files have ever been in this folder.

If I need to add some other dll files in the Bin that point directly to any needed OWC reference would not be a problem if I new which ones to add?

Like I already stated that from the beginning of the project I have had a reference to the Microsoft Office Web Components 11.0 in my web config. I did not think that I needed to add anything to the bin folder to make this work, and that I have been able to navigate fine to my URL for months.

I'll take any suggestions on what I need to upload in the Bin to correct this issue.

Thanks for your support..... I have had little help on ASP.NET's forum!

Shawn

7. Ray

Ray

You may need to check the Microsoft forums but to the best of my knowledge OWC is not bin deployable which is what your application is trying to look for. The reason why it works on your own computer and not on our server is because you probably have it installed on your computer.

8. sbower1

sbower1 VZW

Ok thanks for the info at least now I know what to look for.

Shawn

9. sbower1

sbower1 VZW

Sorry to bug, but I am assuming that because I have Office installed on my local computer that this is the reason I am able to reference OWC?

If this is true and you do not support OWC on your server for me to access and reference then I'm probably out of luck. I have looked on line and all of the sources point to installing OWC on a server.

The reason I need this ability to reference OWC objects is because I will be creating Word documents from users responses. If I can't achieve this on your server then this project will be dead in the water soon!

10. Ray

Ray

Sorry but it does look that way. Actually, based on what you said, not only you need OWC installed on the server but the actual Microsoft Word application installed on the server. I suspect you will encounter a hard time finding a shared hosting environment that will actually offer Microsoft Word on the server. You may find quite a few that already have OWC but to also have MS Word installed might be difficult. Try doing a search on Google you may find some. Some hosting providers such as DiscountASP.Net I believe offer hosting with OWC, but their price is a little higher then ours.

11. sbower1

sbower1 VZW

Thank you!