WordPress - Unable to create directory wp-content/uploads/... Is its parent directory writable

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by JohnnyC, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Greetings,

I have a WordPress question... I hope you can help.

I have completed a WordPress install to the "/techtips" directory of my domain "redcarsoft.com" using the Winhost app installer. During the install, I had to manually edit and upload the wp-config file using ftp. That worked as I was able to generate and view a post. I received the message from WordPress that I would need to update WordPress to version 4.3.1. so I did that followed by a mandatory quick update of the MySql database.

The blog works and I can create posts okay but what I cannot do is upload images from the WordPress control panel. Following is the error I get when I try:

rcs5_logo_title-353x55.png
    Unable to create directory wp-content/uploads/2015/09. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

I have been on both the Winhost and WordPress forums in search of a solution. Most of the solutions provided assume the host server is running Linux as opposed to Windows. I assume the problem is one of permissions access. I found a Winhost Forum article that says my account already comes with write permissions. I deleted and reinstalled Wordpress just to use the exact username as my Winhost account to see if that would help.

Using FTP, I experimented with creating the folders manually and even uploading images manually as well but Wordpress still gives the same error message.

Do you have any ideas as to what I can do so that I can upload images.

Thanks,

Johnny

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Michael likes this.