Persits AspEmail supported configurations

Discussion in 'Email' started by NeilG3, Sep 2, 2016.

1. I'm re-writing the classic ASP code routines using Persits AspEmail parameters in preparation for moving our site to Winhost, and I have a few questions about supported configurations.

1. Transport Layer Security (TLS) Support? If so, does Winhost require use with port 587?

2. Does Winhost support AUTH=LOGIN, CRAM-MD5 and NTLM authentication methods?
    * If not, which ones?
    * If so, where can I find the specific requirements for CRAM-MD5 and NTLM?

3. Our typical ASP routines loops through members' addresses in our database to send individual emails. The examples provided in your knowledge base refer to logging in each time as a parameter of the mail routine. According to the Persits documentation, it supports logging in to the account via subroutine, i.e.:

Sub LogonUser(Domain As String, Username As String, Password As String, Optional Flag = 2)

This should streamline the process. Is this method supported on your server?

Thanks for any insights!

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

1. TLS is supported on both 25 and 587.

2. You can use AUTH=LOGIN. I'm not sure about the other 2.

3. Yes, you should be able to do this. Just be aware that we have an outgoing limit of 1,000 messages per hour up to a total of 5,000 in a 24-hour period.

3. Thanks for the information. With fewer than 350 members and associates, we're unlikely to exceed the message limits you've outlined. I'll try the method in #3 once the domain is transferred to WinHost since the email routines return a domain error at this point.

4. Results from my tests show that TLS is not supported. This is the error message returned from Persits AspEmail, so it appears to not be functional for our website.