Wcf / oData services issue

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by rtur, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hi everybody, its a long shot but maybe someone has an idea...
    I'm trying to deploy application based on Orchard CMS. Sure it works fine locally and even on my test server, so it got to be configuration or some kind of handler/module difference. The application uses WCF services and oData/JSON to communicate, it actually has client and server parts but both are running in the same app pool. Issues seem to be related to these communications, for example getting data from service works fine but post to service does not go through. It is very hard to monitor as most of those calls go on background thread and don't register in Fiddler/Firebug and such. It also hard to say what exactly is the problem - data does not sync, search index not updated, stuff like that.
    Again, works great on test server - weird issues in services layer when deployed.

2. Ray

Ray

Can you post a copy of the exact error message you are getting? Can you also tell us if the calls being made is outside of our network to some other server?

3. Part of the problem was that I did not get any errors. It errored out on background thread and did not even get into logs... it was just not doing updates and syncing as it supposed to.
    Anyways, turned out that WebDav module was handling .svc requests before specific .svc handler. And because WebDav configured to serve only GETs, it would chocke on POSTs and background task would silently die. After removing WebDav with web.config directive this issue went away.