session problem

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by noratalal, Dec 16, 2011.

1. I have a problem After i put machine key in web configas , after about 5 minutes the content of session become empty, therefore my web not work Properly.how can session save its values as long as not time out session has come. i don't know how to solve this problem,,,,help plz??

2. Ray

Ray

It sounds like your application pool is being recycled by the server. There are some conditions/thresholds that would cause your application pool to be recycled by the server. They are...

1) More than 20 minutes of idle time (no HTTP request in 20 minutes)
    2) The application uses more than 100 MB of memory for the Basic plan and 200 MB of memory for the Max and Ultimate plan.
    3) The application uses more than 70% of CPU resources for more than 5 minutes

Have you considered storing your session variable off of the web server and unto the SQL server.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a626/how-to-enable-aspnet-sql-server-session-on-your-web.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Session Time Out

Hello Ray,

I am facing same problem , my session expires in 30 seconds,
    Please guide me on how to check your suggestions

2) The application uses more than 100 MB of memory for the Basic plan and 200 MB of memory for the Max and Ultimate plan.
    3) The application uses more than 70% of CPU resources for more than 5 minutes

I also tried "SQLServer" mode , but could not access it. My disk usage is 189/200.

If possible also show how to start this mode(service) on Winhost.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. thank you Ray for your answer.I have another question about session becase i'm beginner in asp.net .the qusetion is :I creat session in login page to store login name and password and in my web i used this session a long the project (in all pages of the web pages) is it right to do this or it's wrong way(i didn't use this session in login page only ,i used the session in all pages)???